Sunday, October 14, 2018

Right here waiting..(long blog ahead)

until tomorrow to be able to get this truck fixed.
Yesterday we were tooling along with no issues.  We stopped at a rest area about 70 miles from our truck stop.  Turned the truck off.  When we got back into the truck up and it made the most awful noise.  It sounded like a T Rex with a bad whooping cough.  The truck was not getting much power but we had no choice but to push on to our truck stop.  Mark was vigilantly watching the gauges to make sure nothing went suddenly crazy and I was praying my brain out.  There was no where to pull over should the truck suddenly stop.  I did not think we should be moving forward but Mark is the pro here so I kept my mouth shut, hands folded and just prayed.   I called on one of my best prayer warriors and asked her to send prayers too that we would make it safely to Hurricane, WV.   I know I am not the only one who has had their fill of hurricanes, so I was not thrilled when he told me that is where we were staying. :)

When we got here, the mechanic put the engine on the tester thingy and he told us that the fuel pumpy thing was dumping too much fuel into the engine.  Then he said we had to go to a Kenworth mechanic.  There is one eight miles away from here, but of course they are not open until Monday.  So, here we sit.

It got down to 36 degrees last night and we were not able to run the engine so it got a bit chilly.  At least being off today we were able to get the laundry truck and the truck cleaned  up.  Now its pizza for dinner!

I realized I had not blogged in over a week so I figured I would see what kind of pictures I had that I have not posted and update y'all with what we have been up to.

We had some excitement earlier this week with the hurricane and all.  On Tuesday night we were heading straight for it so I was a bit flustered.  (As was my mom)  Mark called the terminal to see what we we should do since we were headed right through the hurricane warning zone.  We ended up stopping in Valdosta GA for the night.  We were up and moving super early on Wednesday morning because we wanted to be through the mess before it made landfall.  We got to Orlando with no problems.  Our next load was in Asheville, NC so we had to head North and West.  We headed up 95 and stopped in Savannah for the night.  We woke up the next morning and it was windy and rainy, but we did not find it too terrible!  We were wrong.  We got about 90 minutes up the road and it was really bad.  We talked to Marks dispatch and they shut us down.  We stopped for about 3 hours and were able to continue on.  It was windy and rainy but it was tolerable.  That is not an experience I want to repeat.

Last Monday there was a very important football game.  The Saints (my team) played the Redskins (Marks team).   I was bummed because I thought I would not get to see any of it but just so happened that we got to the truck stop late, so we decided to have Wendys instead of me cooking.  When we walked into Wendys  the game was playing so I went over and saw with 3 or 4 other drivers watching the game.  As a Saints fan of close to 40 years it was so exciting for me to be watching when Drew Brees broke the NFL passing record.  I was so happy to be in that truck stop watching that game.  It also helped that we beat the snot out of the Redskins!

Mark and I continue to get along better than ever.  Even when I drive him nuts about each thing I want to get each kid for Christmas, or singing my crazy songs, or telling him my totally dumb made up jokes, he is patient with  me and just smiles and shakes his head.

I miss the boys more than words cannot explain and I am counting the days until I can see them.  Will get to see Andrew on 11/1 when we get into town and then Adam on 11/3 when Mark, Andrew and I go to Western Carolina University to see Adam march and then we will spend the night at his apartment with him.  The time cannot get here soon enough.  I need huge hugs from my boys.  I am hoping to be able to see some friends also.

I have now been in 33 states in 2 months.  We still have to hit the NorthEast, the Dakotas and Montana.  That's it.  Mark says I will not likely see Montana until Spring because he does not like to go up there in the winter.   I hope we get to the North East soon because I would love to see the leaves before it snows up there.

I need to get better at uploading pics and blogging because I wait and then I forget where the pics are from!

I'm also going to work on a " Cooking on the Truck" tab since I get so many questions about my cooking,  How , what , why, when and where so to speak.  Be on the lookout for that.

Also, you can subscribe to my blog so you get an email when I upload a new post.  So you never miss a scintillating minute.

Anyway, here are some pics.  I'll do my best to label what I can remember!

Thanks for reading.  Love to all.
Asheville NC

NC how I miss you!

Carolina Blue Skies!

Lucas Oil Stadium.  Home of the Indianapolis Colts (and DCI championships!)

Indianapolis -dropping a trailer


Mikey is on his way

The night Michael was heading in

Orlando Traffic.  Gross

Cincinnati, Ohio

Paul Brown Stadium- Home of the Bengals

Would you want to drink water out of this?

I am NOT turning off my Culture Club.

Looks like a mountain range but its really a pile of soil growing weed/grass

Found my new home!

Check out those cloud columns!


  1. Glad y’all have a fix coming tomorrow and can get back on the road. I’m sorry it happened, but glad you’re safe! Glad you got to watch that game. Funny how things work out! Miss ya!

  2. Hope u stayed warm cuddling!! Good luck with the fuel pump fix..